Additional Information on Entrance Gate Operation, December 27, 2016 by Peter J. Kampa, General Manager
Change in Gate Operations Effective January 1, 2017
With the upcoming changes in the operation of our community entrance gate, we wanted to provide information that was originally posted here in 2013, when the gates were first upgraded to operate automatically when unattended. You can find the April 17, 2103 post by clicking here or perusing past district posts.
The information below expands on and better defines the five gate access options discussed in our recent post on the changes in gate operations.
Overview of Entrance Gate System, Entry Options:
- Home Link System: The three (3) buttons on the sun visor or headliner of newer cars can be programmed to open the gate. If your vehicle was programmed under the old system it will continue to work under the upgraded system. If you never activated this option with your existing vehicle or if you have purchased a new vehicle and you want to activate this system please call the CSD for an appointment to do so at no charge.
- Call Box: When your guest calls you press the number 9 on your phone to open the gate. You must have a (209) 785-xxx phone number to use this option.
- Gate Clickers: This option is available to all properties in the community. Two gate clickers are provided to each residence. Additional gate clickers may be purchased from the CSD for $40.00 each.
- Access Card: An access card (approximately the size of a credit card) may be purchased from the CSD for $10.00. A card reader has been installed at the entry gates. The gates will open when the access card is passed in front of the card reader.
- Five Digit Entry Code: Upon request, the CSD will issue a five (5) digit code to each residence. Residents may provide this code to medical personnel, family members, housekeepers or others they want to have access to their residence. The gate opens when the access code is entered into the key pad at the gate entry. In the event you have given the code to someone who you no longer want to have access to your residence contact the CSD and the code will be changed.
If you would like to order additional gate clickers, access cards, or would like a five-digit entry code, please print, complete and return the Request for Gate Access. Instructions are on the form.
Contact CSD Site Manager Greg Hebard at 785-0100 with questions regarding the new entry system.