*** PLEASE NOTE THE PRIVACY GATE RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED 11-13-2023 *****Step By Step Gate Entry_10-25-2023.pdfNEW Gate Access Form 2023.docx.pdf
Privacy Gate Rules
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS SECTION 2003-1
EFFECTIVE DATE: OCTOBER 11, 2003
A. DESCRIPTION OF FACILITY
- COPPER VALLEY is an upscale planned development of single-family homes and rental bungalows located on the western side of Calaveras County. A primary focal point of the community is the semi-private championship golf course that can be viewed throughout the development. Other privately owned on-site facilities include a golf club house, fitness center and restaurant facility.
- Established August 19, 1995, by LAFCO Resolution No. 95-03, SADDLE CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT (SCCSD) is the agency responsible for local governance of SADDLE CREEK. The District is served by a five member Board of Directors elected for four (4) year terms by majority vote of the registered voters within the District. (SADDLE CREEK IS NOW COPPER VALLEY)
- The Board of Directors are vested with the authority to enact Ordinances (Laws), policies and procedures considered necessary to insure the safety and welfare of District residents and guests and to provide for the operational concerns of the District. Ordinances, policies and practices established by the District are subject to the same considerations and have the same force and effect as laws, policies and procedures enacted by other governmental agencies; cities, counties, state or federal.
B. PURPOSE OF REGULATIONS
- The purpose of these regulations are to minimize problems and confusion through the establishment of specific written guidelines governing access into CVCSD Residents, property owners and other interested parties are encouraged to contact the CVCSD’s Site Manager (Greg Hebard – phone no. 209.768-5678 if they have questions or comments on any or all parts of the regulations.
C. EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDER(S)
- Privacy Officers are contract employees who serve under the exclusive direction of CVCSD. Their purpose is to insure the privacy of COPPER VALLEY residents and visitors through the monitoring/control of access through the Main Gate. Additionally they provide information, directions and assistance to residents and visitors when appropriate.
- Privacy Officers are not permitted to leave their post at the Main Gate unless specifically instructed to do so by the CVCSD representative.
- Privacy Officers do not have Police Authority nor are they Security Officers. In the event they observe or are advised of an emergency situation their response will be to contact the responsible Emergency Provider; Sheriff, Fire Department, Ambulance, etc.
The following agencies are responsible for providing emergency services to COPPER VALLEY and should be contacted directly when an emergency situation arises:
- Police Services Calaveras County Sheriff Non-Emergency No. 209.754.6500
- Fire Services Copperopolis Fire Protection District Non-Emergency No. 209.785.2393
Note: FOR ALL POLICE, FIRE AND MEDICAL EMERGENCIES CALL 911
D. ESTABLISHMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS FOR ACCESS TO ROADWAYS UNDER THE CONTROL OF COPPER VALLEY COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
- As permitted under authority of Government Code § 61621.8 and CVCSD Ordinance 2003-02, the following Administrative Regulations for control of vehicle access onto roadways under the exclusive control of CVCSD.
- The purpose of this restricted/controlled access is to provide residents, owners and visitors with the highest degree of privacy and tranquility possible.
E. ESTABLISHMENT OF ENTRY AND EXIT LOCATIONS
- Main Access: The established access point for residents, property owners, visitors, and on-site business employees is the Main Gate located just off Little John Road on Saddle Creek Drive. As authorized by the CVCSD Board of Directors, access through the Main Gate is controlled by computer activated gates and/or Privacy Officers.
- Construction Access: A temporary access for construction vehicles has been established approximately 100 yards south of the main entrance at Saddle Creek Drive. This unimproved roadway is accessed from Little John Road. The purpose of this temporary access is to minimize the amount of construction traffic on improved street such as Saddle Creek Drive. Whenever possible construction vehicles/employees shall enter and exit through this temporary access. Additional temporary access points may be authorized by the District should future need arise.
F. ACCESS BY RESIDENTS, PROPERTY OWNERS AND DESIGNATED EMPLOYEES OF CV DEVELOPERS
- Residents, property owners and designated CV DEVELOPERS employees are to enter and exit CVCSD through the Main Gate. When possible the right gate entry should be used. Entry is considered as being authorized by your use of the gate opener on the right (Resident) entry gate. Gate openers will be provided in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Gate Opener Policy:
a) CVCSD will provide, without charge, two (2) programmed, RFID stickers for each new owner of a residential parcel located within the Distirct. Additional RFID stickers may be purchased from CVCSD for $15. Please note, only those openers obtained from CVCSD will activate the gate software.
b) CVCSD will provide programmed, hand held gate openers and program vehicles owned by CV DEVELOPERS in accordance with agreements reached between CVCSD and CV DEVELOPERS. The CV Development Manager or Golf Operations Manager must initiate all requests for hand held gate openers or vehicle programming.
2. Obtaining/Programming Gate Openers:
- Contact the CVCSD Site Manager (Greg Hebard – cell number 209-768-5678) to obtain/purchase a hand held Gate Openeing Device.
3. Resident, Owner, Designated CV DEVELOPMENT Employee – Entry Procedure Without Gate Opener:
- In the event a resident, property owner or designated CV DEVELOPMENT employee has forgotten his/her gate opener or the opener is not working properly, entry should be made in the left lane when Privacy Officers are on duty.
G. ACCESS BY PERSONS OTHER THEN A RESIDENT, PROPERTY OWNER OR DESIGNATED CV DEVELOPMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Persons Visiting a Resident:
Visitors are permitted to enter CVCSD at any time. When a Privacy Officer is on duty, the privacy officer will document the guests destination and license plate number.
a) When Privacy Officer are not on duty the guest will have to contact the resident fromthe call box.
Privacy Officers will always attempt to contact a resident whenever an unexpected visitor(s) arrives, but if the resident does not respond, entry will not be permitted.
2. Access by Service Persons (Includes Package and Parcel Deliveries):
Service Persons such as house cleaners, pool cleaners, plumbers, etc, will be permitted access by Privacy Officers only during permitted wor hours/days.
3. Access by Moving Vans:
Moving Vans will not be permitted without a specific verbal or written request of the resident who is moving into or from CVCSD. When the Privacy Officer does not know the resident. Additionally, the Privacy Officer shall review and record the license plate number(s) (and state) of the moving van(s).
4. Access by News Media:
News services (radio, television, news paper reporters, etc.) will not be admitted unless authorized by a resident, owner, C&C On-Site Development Manager or Golf Operations Manager, the CVCSD General Manager, or the CVCSD Board of Directors.
5. Access by Solicitors-Prohibited:
Access for the purpose of soliciting (including by residents) is not permitted.
6. Access by Process Servers:
TheCVCSD is legally required to admit process servers, whether they are peace officers or private persons. After a process server has properly identified his/her purpose, entry will be permitted. In the case of a private process server, the Privacy Officer will attempt to notify the resident a process server has been admitted. In the event the process server is a Peace Officer engaging in his/her official duties, the Privacy Officer shall not attempt to notify the resident of his/her entry.
7. Access to Golf Course, Rental Bungalows, Restaurant, Sales Office and All Other CV DEVELOPERS Owned/Controlled Facilities:
Access to the golf course and all other CV DEVELOPMENT owned/controlled facilities shall be handled in accordance with written procedures developed with the input of the CV DEVELOPMENT On-Site Development Manager and/or Golf Operations Manager. These procedures will be set forth in Administrative Regulation Section 2003-02.
8. Access by Utility Companies
While engaged in official business, employees of utility companies such as Calaveras County Water District, Pacific Gas and Electric, Calaveras Telephone, etc. will be permitted.
9. Access by Police, Fire and Other Governmental Agencies
While engaging in official business, sheriff department employees, fire and all other governmental employees have the right to enter the District.
H. ACCEPTANCE OF PACKAGES OR OTHER DELIVERIES BY PRIVACY OFFICERS IS PROHIBITED
Privacy Officers are strictly prohibited from accepting packages or other types of deliveries being sent to or received by a resident.